This is a design and delivery role - we will be moving fast and will want an individual who can push our thinking in how we do things to continue to strengthen the community and the organisation. We want someone who is an excellent communicator and thinks of new, cool ways to help our members, partners and mission grow. This individual will need to dive right in with limited ramp time and focus on:
- Analyse, implement and enhance the Ada’s List membership experience, including monitoring and moderating the community, and responding to supporter/member questions as well as thinking about the longer term changes we can make to continuously improve community engagement
- Collaborate to deliver successful community events and ensure excellent experiences for partners and members of Ada’s List
- Work with different types of content and user-led interactions across digital and non-digital channels including member content and finding new ways to promote Ada’s List community, partners and initiatives
- Be passionate about building community while getting the vibe of our community and ready to jump in when something is missing and provide it.
- Improve the digital experience of members and partners by ensuring that touchpoints with Ada’s List are the best they can be and fit together in a cohesive experience. Work directly with Mobilize (our platform provider) as the Ada’s List representative to fully utilise our platform.
- Surface information about membership and website to help us better understand and grow the Ada’s List community and partnerships. Work with Mobilize (our platform provider) and our co-CEOs to improve community experience in a data led manner.
- Build and enhance the analytics capabilities of our offerings, including our new jobs board, our Conf experience, our community, etc. We are determined to become a much more data-informed organisation to not only help grow Ada’s List, but to better provide insight on what really works for women in technology today.
- Systems Management: We use Mobilise, Webflow/Squarespace and Google analytics to run the community. We are in the process of figuring out how these systems can work better together/be more automated.
- Supporting the set-up and delivery of on-going partnership commitments with companies and other stakeholders.
- Be a part of shaping the future of partnerships at Ada’s List and how Ada’s List takes action and creates impact within the tech industry to measurably change the environment.
- Design skills and comfort with visual design tools (e.g. Canva, Indesign, etc)
- We work remotely and are open to people based in BST +/- 3 hours
- We work with tools such as: Slack, Google Suite, Asana, Hubspot, Canva,
- Truly flexible working environment
- Support for your personal and professional growth (including if you have a side-hustle or start-up idea you want to grow)
- A culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
- Make a difference in the lives of women in tech and change the future for all of us!
- Free event tickets!
Email email@example.com with your CV/linkedin/resume and a 1-2 paragraph letter about why you’d like to work with us and why our agenda matters to you. We will prioritise applications that come from our members. Sign up to be an Ada’s List member here!
Applications close August 25th but we will interview on a rolling basis so get your application in soon!
Why would I work with Ada’s List?
Our agenda is to change the industry - we have done so in the past and will continue to do so.
Our team is small, but awesome - you’ll be working directly with Ada’s List co-CEO’s Mara Larson-Richard and Khaleelah Jones, as well as our amazing marketing and communications manager Nicole Whitelaw on a day-to-day basis, as well as the 9000 women in the community on a project by project basis. All Ada’s List staff members are also part-time community managers.
We are determined to help all women grow and achieve their full potential. If you are interested in this role, but do not have all the relevant skills and experience, please apply as we continue to help all of our team members grow and learn as we build Ada’s List together.
We support a collaborative, fun/serious environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes Ada’s List a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make our team and our community a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
You’ll leave with some hands-on experience shaping a community that directly impacts over 9000 tech women globally. You’ll be part of a movement that’s striving to make the tech industry work for everyone. And, you’ll laugh. A lot.
What’s Ada’s List?
Ada's List is a global network of 9000 women in technology (and those who identify as) launched in London in October 2013 by Merici Vinton, Anjali Ramachandran, Rosa Birch and Nicki Sprinz.
Our agenda is to connect women in digital to one another, provide stimulating content that elevates individual commitment for change in the tech industry, and generally encourage a more inclusive and diverse environment in the industry.
Ada’s List is a place where women talk off the record about professional, tech and science-related topics. We share job listings, business opportunities, supplier recommendations, event listings, book recommendations, mentoring requests and more.
Our members have diverse backgrounds and professions; entrepreneurs, digital strategists, scientists, designers, physicists, mathematicians, makers, journalists, developers, service designers, sci-fi authors, tech journalists, rocket scientists, online campaigners.